Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sen. Obama's 'Sweetie' Seems Unfazed

“Here’s a comment I’m sure we will hear a lot of hoopla about. “Let’s see how the critics and know nothing pundits blow this out of proportion.” In keeping the divide and unification thwarted …from The Sleuth “Mary Ann Akers” Washington Post.com
The titled seems like he did something wrong. “what’s your view?”

Thoughts and teasers…
Are American’s ready to face the truth?
Can the American People transcend above a racial view?

Does the bi-line in this heading suggest impropriety? …comment

Posted at 3:00 PM ET, 05/15/2008
Sen. Obama's 'Sweetie' Seems Unfazed
All's well that ends well, sweetie.
The Detroit television reporter who Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) called "sweetie" Wednesday as he ducked her question about autoworkers doesn't seem to be holding a grudge.
The reporter, Peggy Agar, with WXYZ TV, an ABC News affiliate, says, "Frankly I have been called worse during interviews than just 'sweetie' so that really didn't take me aback right then."
However, she says, "I felt more offended that he didn't answer the question."
Her crime for getting the "sweetie" treatment was asking Obama what he plans to do to help American autoworkers. As Agar put it, "This 'sweetie' never did get an answer to that question."
Agar says she was surprised to get a voice mail message from Obama this morning apologizing.
You can hear Agar's reaction to the flap, and Obama's taped voice mail apology by clicking here.
Here is the text of Obama's apology to Sweetie:
Hi Peggy. This is Barack Obama. I'm calling to apologize on two fronts. One was you didn't get your question answered and I apologize. I thought that we had set up interviews with all the local stations. I guess we got it with your station but you weren't the reporter that got the interview. And so, I broke my word. I apologize for that and I will make up for it.
Second apology is for using the word 'sweetie.' That's a bad habit of mine. I do it sometimes with all kinds of people. I mean no disrespect and so I am duly chastened on that front. Feel free to call me back. I expect that my press team will be happy to try to make it up to you whenever we are in Detroit next.
Posted by Mary Ann Akers Permalink Comments (283)
Other Blogs' Comments: Technorati

No comments: