Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Through My Grandfathers Eyes...pt2-

Blackman wait… pt2-
Through my grandfathers eyes
BLACKMAN WAIT…I remember my elusive grandfather giving me advise…boy there is a law that God has called sowing and reaping. “As you sow so shall you reap”
Have we lost our virtues as a people…has the wisdom of our elders been toss to the wind?
Is Gangster Love the only Love?

In the 1950’s Black Americans stayed married and in a lot of cases they should have not stayed together. Today we are quick to call it quits.
Why?

As a people and as a nation state have we lost our virtues?

The Smiley Group presented earlier this year …The State of Black America
What is or was the consensus?
Who are they trying to help and market too…is this exclusive or inclusive?
When will this or things happen and take place?
Where will there be models of action-that we can build on in our communities?
How will we help the Black American population unify on all levels if desired?
Why is it important? Check out the SOBA Report...and the Executive Summary

SOBA: http://www.nul.org/thestateofblackamerica.html

Executive Summary
http://www.nul.org/publications/SOBA/Executive%20Summary/2008SOBAEXCSUMMARY.pdf

I have not read recently the Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. DuBois however; I will pick it back up and do a comparative analysis. “For me to satisfy my own curiosity”

Yes! Things have changed; we now as a people have the power of the written word and not just the oral word. “How powerful is that…I remember a time when folks were not allowed to read?”

How about your Grandfather did he know how to read and did he read?”…share your thoughts about your Grandfather…

No comments: